- I am a sole trader.
- I am registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all, or some, cookies. However please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access parts of my website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, please visit this About Cookies page.
Terms of website use
- www.hayleycrawshaw.com is a website operated by Hayley Crawshaw (“me”), a sole trader. My email address is: email@example.com
- I allow access to my website on a temporary basis, and I reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or change my website at any time and without notice.
- I will not be liable if for any reason my website is unavailable at any time or if the content is changed or out of date.
- You must comply with the provisions of my Acceptable Use Policy (see below) when using my website.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who accesses my website through your internet connection is aware of these terms and complies with them.
- External links are provided for information only. I have no control over these links and their content.
- I shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, the materials on my website or external links. It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through my website meet your specific requirements.
Acceptable use policy
You must use my website for lawful purposes only. In particular, you must not use my website for the uses listed (without limitation) below:
- any fraudulent activity;
- any activity which breaches any applicable law or regulation, whether national or international;
- any activity which may cause or result in harm to a child under 18 years of age;
- sending unsolicted advertising or other content (spam), or entering into any arrangement for such material to be sent;
- reproducing, selling or otherwise handling my site or its content in breach of my terms of website use;
- knowingly introducing to my website, or transmitting or attemping to transmit to any other website, computer or network, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or programme which is malicious or technlogically harmful;
- attempting to gain unauthorised access to my website, my software, my server, or any server, computer or database connected to my website.
- I am the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in my website and the material published on it.
- My website and its content is protected by copyright laws and treaties. All such rights are reserved.
- I grant you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to view my website and the material on it on a computer or mobile device via a web browser, to copy and store my website and the material on it in your web browser cache memory, and to print pages from my website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- You must not use any part of the materials on my website without a licence from me or my licensors.
- You must not reproduce in any format, including on another website, any part of my website, including content, images, designs, look and feel without my prior written consent.
- If you like what you see, and would like to use any of my content elsewhere, please do not hesitate to contact me and ask for permission. I am quite a nice person. Most of the time.
- Other than the above, I do not grant you any other rights in relation to my website or the material on it, and all other rights are reserved.
- For the avoidance of doubt you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast, or show or play in public my website (in any form or media) without my prior written permission.
- If you print off, reproduce, copy or download any part of my website in breach of this notice, your right to use my website will cease immediately and you must, as required by me, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- I reserve the right not to publish website comments or blog comments if I deem them offensive, either to me or others, or especially provocative. In other words, behave! We Celts tend not to suffer fools gladly…
- External links are provided for information only. I have no control over the content of these links.
- I take the protection of copyright very seriously. If I discover that you have breached the terms of the above licence, I may bring legal proceedings against you and seek monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using my materials. You could also be ordered to pay my legal costs.
Contributing and interacting
My website may offer users the facilities to upload or contribute content or other material, or to interact with other users. When making use of these facilities, it is your responsibility to ensure that any contribution or interaction is, as far as you are aware, factually correct, represents your honest opinion, and does not breach any applicable law or regulation.
In addition, any contribution or interaction must not include any material which (without limitation):
- is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- is, or refers to material which is, sexually explicit;
- promotes violence, illegal activity or any form of discrimination;
- infringes any other person’s copyright, database right or trade mark;
- threatens, harasses, upsets, embarrasses, alarms or annoys any other person, or is likely to do so;
- advocates, promotes or assists any illegal activity;
- is likely to deceive any person or is made in breach of a legal duty owed to a third party (such as a duty of confidence);
- invades another person’s privacy or could cause inconvenience or anxiety to any person;
- is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- gives the impression that the material emanates from me, if this is not the case.
Linking to my website
- You may link to my website only if you have first obtained my written consent, and provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it. I reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with my Acceptable Use Policy (see above) and must be owned by you.
- You must not link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on my part where none exists.
- My website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of my site other than the home page.
- If you wish to make any use of material on my website other than that set out above, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uploading material to my website
- When you upload material to my website, or make contact with other users of my website, you must comply with my Acceptable Use Policy. If you upload material in breach of my Acceptable Use Policy and I suffer loss as a result, you will reimburse me for such loss.
- Any material you upload to my website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and I have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, I have the right to disclose your identity to them.
- I will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of my website.
- I have the right to remove any material or posting you make on my website if, in my opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in my Acceptable Use Policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse my website by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to my website, the server on which my website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to my website.
- You must not attack my website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- By failing to comply with these provisions you would commit a criminal offence, your right to use my website will cease immediately, and I will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
- Any information I acquire through working with you will remain confidential, unless I am required to disclose it by law; any applicable regulation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of myself or others.
- If you send me an email, follow or comment on my blog, I will not use your personal information for marketing purposes. I will only send you marketing material if you sign up for my newsletter, or give me explicit permission to add your details to my mailing list.
- You can unsubscribe from my email newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter email, or by emailing me at email@example.com and asking me to remove your contact details from my mailing list.
- Where you have provided consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, I may provide you with information by email on my products and services which I think may interest you.
- I may also use your information to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me.
- I take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to my website is sent at your own risk.
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to access the information which I hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please email me your request. In order to meet my costs in responding, I will charge you a fee of £10.
The material displayed on my website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, I hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with my website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of my website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by me or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss or profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill
; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if forseeable.
- This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
- The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to my website.